I’ve ponied up for a web service that is WAY more that I need. The type of account is intended for resellers – most people who buy this much server turn around and sell web hosting accounts to small clients.
There are two configurations for the account: bare server and bells & whistles. The bells & whistles option costs a little bit more, but would save me hassles. (No need to manually configure httpd.conf, for instance.) The bells & whistles option also makes it really simple for me to set up you guys out there as “customers”.
So, here’s what I’m thinking: If I can get three people interested in paying me $5 a month for Web hosting, I can pay for the bell & whistles and save myself some hassle moving this site over to its new home.
For $5 a month you get:
- Way, way, less crowded server than you would get anywhere else even for four times that much money.
- Confidence that I will never let the server get bogged down, since the whole reason I’m paying for the thing is so my site won’t get bogged down
- Personal service. You know the guy in charge. I’m more than happy to help my friends through getting set up and all that stuff. It’s a level of service I’m only able to do because I’m limiting the number of people I let onto the server.
- My Web provider (and soon yours!) is about as as green as they come. Say no to carbon!
- The satisfaction of knowing that your money is helping a small collective of folks sharing a server rather than feeding a big corporation.
- I am also now an official enom reseller, which means I can take care of your domain registration for a rate only a little higher than GoDaddy. For the extra money you get… um… There must be something…
Anybody interested? Let me know now, before I go ahead and move this site over the hard way!