Another look at the odd things people turn to the net to find. These people, rather than finding what they are looking for, for some reason came to this blog instead. Looking at the search strings, it’s pretty clear the majority of them were not looking for what they found here. As usual, phrases I do not want to distract Google with are obfuscated with spaces.
- what is the significance of stacking rocks? – Jeeves thought I might be able to help with the answer to that. After all, I am renowned for my rock-stacking prowess.
- slivovitce – very few matches for this homemade hooch on the Web.
- they drunk natalie – Arthur Dent: What’s wrong with being drunk? Ford Prefect: Ask a glass of water.
- going to Prague what to wear cold parka – sounds like the searcher already knows more about the subject than I do. Linked to the main page here.
- owl bar san antonio new mexico – caught my eye because the searcher was someone at the washington post. Linked to the h i g h w a y 6 0 episode. I hope whoever it was read the good stories in the comments.
- kilgore trout no idea – I did mention Kilgore Trout once, but why someone would want to read that episode I have no idea.
- Sex and Trucks – connects to the Google-magnet episode S e x , D e a t h, a n d W o r d s
- my google hurts – linked to an episode like this one
- EULA Writing – an old classic, links to a draft of the License agreement for Jer’s Novel Writer
- roads and streets in winston salem 1950 – connected to a story about a very good drive through North Carolina and West Virginia.
- pinch needle sex stories – Linked to the stories category page. The summary that appeared in Google: … The cowboy might in a real pinch ask his God for a blessing, but … Sex! … with other people around the bubble shatters into tiny red fragments, needle-sharp little …. The P o w e r o f P o s i t i v e D r i n k i n g contributed the sentence “Sex!” and the needle.
- “25-hour days” hour day – visitor 9001 linked to an episode where I covered a lot of miles.
- daughter caught me in her dress – you know, sometimes I wonder why I watch referrals so closely. Sometimes I find the answer.
- office sex accident – ooops!
- big arabic ass – an unlikely convergence with this.
- hangover yellow sick – connected rather unlikelily to the threat level meter page.
- baby ocelot pictures – I celebrate all oocelots, elevators, and rutabagas, even if this search linked to a google page mentioning a search that linked to yet another Google page. (You know what I’m hoping, don’t you?)
- sex rapture violent – umm… right.
- eels rumor blinking lights – linked to the Feeding the Eels page.
- prosperous cemetery ideas – came to the main page. It sounds like a Disney/Shady Acres partnership is on the way!
- i need my pants – linked to an episode about, well, my pants.
- martha stewart, sequin contest – improbably, this page came out at the top of the search.
The usual suspects: People continue to come here for cooking advice, inspiration about their nation, alcohol and its effects (especially on women), the word “g o o g l i”, bars, taverns, and watering holes I have encountered in my travels (including one in Prague now), and a new very common phrase, “M o o n l i g h t s o n a t a“
I think I will be glad when “eels” and “ass” don’t appear on the same page any more.