There’s a part of this blog that you, my dear readers, do not get to enjoy. Only about one tenth of one percent of the spam contents get through to the viewing public, and I try to be quick about getting rid of them. The other dozens of spam that get filtered out before they are posted are for my pleasure alone.
Hundreds of other spam comments don’t even make it to that list each day, but are filtered out and chucked unceremoniously into the void (Note to self: digital afterlife.). It’s quite possible that five thousand comments are blocked for each that gets through.
Sometimes I’m tempted to defang particularly choice slices of spam and let you folks enjoy them too. Often the spam comment is funny on its own, while others gain extra funny points from context. For instance, one that says “It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks” gives me a chuckle when it’s attached to the Suicide Squirrel Alert Broadcasting episode.
A few recent standalones:
- Irony Department: I appreciate that you place excellent content out that is fine and good-written.
- Another Sort of Irony: Great post however you should try and getrid of all this spam comments.
- Gibberish Department: A person essentially help to make seriously posts I would state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular publish incredible. Excellent job!
- Odd Synonym Department: Suited post! this will midpoint sustain me.
- Odd Synonym Department 2: Hey may I notification some of the word from this blog if I relation back to you?
- Proof That Robots Don’t Have a Sense of Aesthetics Department: Amazing blog layout here. Was it hard creating a nice looking website like this?
- Accidentally in the Spirit of the Blog Department: Man if i ever saw two racoons fighting over a blogs itd be this one, nicely done my friend. Keep it up.
- Inscrutable Department: Unknown message
- Robot Problems Department:I truly enjoyed %BLOGTITLE%. Unfortunately, trash is a major problem in the united kingdom today.
Sometimes, context is everything:
- This really answered my problem, thank you! – on the episode titled All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
- This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article. – on the page titled Suicide Squirrel Alert Broadcast System
- i came to dance dance dance, i hit the floor cause that’s my plans plans plans – on a review of In Cold Blood.
- this is what it is all about man i would kiss you right now for posting this thanks! – on a post about very bad wine.
As a final note I have to say that some of the spam is actually informative. Did you know they were still making the Zune? I certainly wouldn’t have known that if it weren’t for spam.