I don’t usually resolve things, but last year I let some good habits slip away, and this year I want them back. So by publicly declaring them here, maybe I improve my chances.
- Write SOMETHING (almost) every day
- More detailed character descriptions
- Settings are characters
- It ain’t worth squat if nobody reads it
- Bicycle more miles than I drive (road trips excluded)
- Improve commute pace by 3mph
- Resume the no-beer-until-weekly-weight-target-reached regime (starting tomorrow)
- Productive procrastination — use idle time better
The health ones are all things I have done well in the past. I didn’t have to wait for the new year to restart them, except that having a week off from work and being surrounded by excellent cooks would have doomed any attempt. Bicycling was improving in December, now I have to regain that momentum.
My average-speed-during-commute goal would put me back to about the speed I was going when I was in a state the fitness experts call “not potato”.
“Use of idle time” includes fixing the terrible Patreon plugin for WordPress, continuing to improve my Swift skills (especially on Linux), coming up to speed on photo editing and workflow options to replace Aperture, and keeping the Honey Do list short. The list of “productive” things will of course change over time.
But right now, I need to go play a game on my phone.
Edit to add:
Starting numbers for mileage challenge:
Bike: 7740 miles
Car A: 151968 miles
Car B (driven by two people): 6099